Get into College
1. Apply to TCC - Apply online at www.tacomacc.edu/admission, or in person (Bldg. 7, Enrollment Services window). There is no application fee. You will be notified within 24 hours if your application has been accepted. When you get this notice, you will be a TCC student with a student ID number!
2. Financial Aid - To see if you qualify for college $$$ fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. Go online and fill it out now! Complete the TCC Data Sheet. It's online at www.tacomacc.edu/futurestudents/waystopay. Your TCC financial aid application is incomplete without this step!
3. Inside TCC - Sign up for Inside TCC. It's our way to keep in touch with you and make sure you hear about campus events that match your interests! Go to https://insidetcc.tacomacc.edu. It takes five minutes TOPS!
4. Assess your skills - The ACCUPLACER is TCC's way to place you correctly in your first classes. You can also use transcripts from another college for placement. Take the ACCUPLACER. Call 253.566.5158 for test times and dates.
Pay for the ACCUPLACER in the Cashier's Office (Bldg. 18) or online in advance at www.tacomacc.edu/forms/testingsignup. Take the ACCUPLACER in Bldg. 7 (1.5-2 hours). Don't like the results? You can re-test once for no additional charge.
Transcript Review - Fax an unofficial copy of your college transcripts to 253.566.6011 (include your TCC student ID number on each transcript) or bring in person to the Assessment Office in Bldg. 7. Allow three days to process. Order official transcripts NOW and have them sent to TCC Enrollment Services. This may take 4-6 weeks.
5. Get Oriented - Sign up and attend a New Student Orientation (NSO). To sign up go online at www.tacomacc.edu. Find TCC Quicklinks on the front page. Select NSO Signup. For your best choice of classes, attend an orientation at least a couple months before the quarter you plan to start. This session will help you plug into TCC resources and provide an opportunity to tour campus. Here you will also learn how and when to register for classes.
6. Pay Your Tuition - Don't miss your tuition due date! Missing it can lead to a frustrating quarter or even mean missing out on classes you registered for. There are many options to pay. Go to www.tacomacc.edu/currentstudents/myeservices/
Welcome to TCC!